About India’s Future Energy and Mobility Show
Taking place at the HITEX exhibition Centre, Hyderabad, Telangana during 21-23 March 2024, the first edition of IFEM is a pivotal event for the industry and the region. It will further critical dialogue around India’s contributions to the global energy transition and put a spotlight on the nation’s ongoing decarbonisation efforts. The strategic summit and technical conference will offer delegates critical insights into vital progress being made towards achieving net-zero ambitions, nationally and globally
3rd largest energy consuming country
Expected to account for 9.2% of global energy demand by 2040
One of the most diversified energy sectors
At 178.8 GW Renewable energy accounts for 43% of total capacity
Renewable energy potential estimated at over 1,000 GW
Government targeting 500 GW of installed capacity from non-fossil fuel sources by 2030
100% FDI allowed under the automatic route in the renewable energy sector
India – A Major Force in the Global Energy Economy
Installed capacity -May 2023
- Solar energy capacity has increased by nearly 25 times over 9 years
- Rooftop Solar Programme Phase-II, targeting 4000 MW capacity addition in the residential sector.
- PLI Scheme in High Efficiency Solar Modules launched with outlay of Rs 4,000 crore
Installed capacity -March 2023
- Wind energy accounts for 34% of total renewable energy capacity
- India’s wind capacity has doubled since 2014
- Targeted wind energy capacity of 140 GW as of 2030.
Incentive plan outlay for green hydrogen sector
- National Hydrogen Mission targets production of 5 million tonnes of green hydrogen by 2030.
- This will provide India with RE capacity addition of 125 GW
- The Mission targets total investments of over Rs 8 trillion.
750 mn MT
Current annual availability of biomass
- Short term energy potential from biomass at 18 GW
- Phase 1 of National Bioenergy programme, with outlay of Rs 858 crore launched
- The programme comprises schemes for Waste to Energy, Biomass and Biogas programmes.
Targeted share in energy mix by 2030
- Expected investments of Rs 120,000 Cr in over the next 10 years
- 6 existing LNG Terminals with 42.7 MMTPA regasification capacity
- US$ 60 billion investments planned in natural gas infrastructure by 2024.
News & Events
© Trade Promotion council of India. All
Developed by Abacus Desk